Sunday, April 4, 2010

Everything has Beauty; But not everybody sees it.

Happy Easter my, one and only reader?!

So I made a dress,
I mean that is the purpose of this blog!



I started Friday, picked Brooke up from the airport (LATE) at 9-45PM Friday night;
We had catch ups and fired up the Gossip Girl;
So I was in and out, trimming seams, sewing things...
Brooke fell asleep to GG and my sewing machine.

So I got 4 hours sleep.

and worked on it yesty in bits and pieces!
Wish I took some on going photos, however.

So things I have learnt:

ALWAYS PRE-WASH OR STEAM YOUR FABRIC BEFORE YOU CUT IT OUT!
I had a little, waistband being 3cm too short incident.
I was saved by a piece of ribbon.

ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR PATTERN FITS YOUR ZIP!
As compared to the bustier I made; I didn't have to adjust this one and it was HEAVEN!



Upside down zip makes a fantastic split!

ALWAYS MAKE A TOILE.
Always!

So the event the dress was for was a party a friend of Brooke's was putting on at Tea Tree Gully
($50 cab fare later... ugh)

Inspiration? Well, my bustier and the wonderful gold tinged black cotton voile I had as table clothes @ my Mums surprise 50th (BEAUTIFUL fabric and I just had to share it, so I had to cut my pattern pieces between pieces of candle wax...)
But worth it.

It makes for an interesting story.

I haven't raided Brooke's camera yet but the outfit:


THE DRESS, green nails, black tights, black see-thru striped under-tee (it was cold, yo!), Beige glomesh purse with a big black satin bow (my favourite < 3) and a packet of vogues.

So here I am, Easter Sunday, no idea what the time is supposed to be.
And feeling quite seedy.



With Hot Cross Buns and a really fantastic BFF;

MISS KATE x

No comments:

Post a Comment