Wow; what a whirlwind week!
This entry is dedicated to three of my favourite things.
So... I enrolled in a Bra Making Course through my school this week;
And we were given kits to make our own bras.
Ew. They were white.
Ew. They were Granny Bras.
But then I thought to myself.
I now KNOW HOW TO MAKE A BRA.
A. Can you have enough bras? and
B. Is there SUCH a thing as a bra that is too cwte?
Also a joke; WHAT ARE THE ONLY SORT OF BEES THAT PRODUCE MILK?
Read to the end and you'll find the answer!
I went on a little shopping expedition.
Ended up spending about $60 on stuff.
If any of my Adelaide ladies (and non-ladies) know better places to buy these things;
Hook a sister up!
1. My mobile phone. Someone get me an iPhone.
2. Bra cups (optional - these were swimwear ones) [Mrecht.com.au]
3. Underwires from Spotlight, but [Boobytraps.com.au]
4. Frog Fastener! [DK Fabrics]
5. Underwire casing [Spotlight and VERY EXPENSIVE]
6. Hook and eye [Spotlight, DK doesnt have black or white]
7. Sliders and rings [DK have some, Spotlight expensive]
8. 9mm plush picquot elastic
9. 12mm plush picquot elastic
10. Ruched ribbon (trim instead of lace)
11. Straps!! That were too stretchy but tres pretty!!
12. Powernet, $30/m @ DK Fabrics [check elasticity!!]
13. Lining - no idea what, I've had it for YEARS but perfect for bras.
14. Your very own pattern! Can be bought from www.boobytraps.com.au
15. Fashion fabric. or as I like to say DELICIOUS FABRIC!!!!!
16. an Iron. This bad boy cost me a whole $10.
18. Miniature ironing board from Ikea.com.au
Then I fired up Nikita;
I love Nikita.
So with underwear - the fabrics need a lot of stretch;
So I had to fire up the old Janome.
By old, I mean awesome.
Started 9pm Thursday evening.
Watched the new Gossip Girl!
Finished by 4pm Friday.
Special edition fabric I ordered from overseas;
Custom made straps
(well, the elastic I liked was too stretchy so had to attach bias cut voile to the back of them -
the same fabric from the last dress I made!!)
And a non-funtioning frog fastener!
So I might be a little tea pot.
But I have a sushi bra. And you don't.
(Except if you ask me nicely)
I have more fabric;
And am hungry for sushi!
So whats a girl to design next??!
MANY IDEAS, many including a pirate, flamingo and bunny bra.
If you would like a custom couture bra made my yours truly...
You know my details.
With Sushi and a cold up of tea.
MISS KATE x